[darcs-devel] [issue555] wish: cheap in-repo local branches

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jun 17 13:57:50 UTC 2013

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> added the comment:

On 06/16/2013 08:37 PM, Ivan Zakharyaschev wrote:

> Ivan Zakharyaschev <imz at altlinux.org> added the comment:
>
> Apart from switching between branches (hiding and unhiding changes),
> branches in Git are important for me to inspect the history of the
> project and the available variants in form of a graph (almost a "tree" -
> - if there were no merges).

I agree. I love the "Network view" on Github. Darcs has some awareness
of related branches through this command:

   darcs optimize --sibling=URL

It's used to link "sibling" repos together to save space. However, its
likely an inadequate or inappropriate foundation for the complete branch
awareness you are asking for.

   Mark