[darcs-devel] [issue2328] New option -a/--all to darcs add

Waldir bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jun 25 10:50:32 UTC 2013

New submission from Waldir <waldir at email.com>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)
I want to add a set of new files in the root directory to the repo. I
tried darcs add -a but that didn't work. Darcs add -r . gave me a bunch
of errors about adding files already tracked (essentially all the files
in the repo already), so a simple alias wouldn't be desirable (unless
add -r is changed to ignore already tracked files by default).

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?
The new files should be added, and a list of newly added files should be
produced. Alternatively, --all could be a straight alias of add -r .,
and a --new option could allow the behavior I describe, but I think the
ignoring of duplicates is a sane default even for the --all option.

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)
darcs compiled on Apr  3 2012, at 09:13:22, TAG 2.7.99.1

nosy: waldir
status: unknown
title: New option -a/--all to darcs add