[darcs-devel] [issue2313] whatsnew -l: Stack space overflow

Jose Luis Neder bugs at darcs.net
Sat Jun 29 01:37:36 UTC 2013

Jose Luis Neder <jlneder at gmail.com> added the comment:

I made a patch that solves this special case when the file doesn't end in a
newline character[patch1076]. But then i look into it a little more and i
found that in any file that you changes a big number of lines you will end
with a stack overflow. The mkAmap have to make a map too big to handle i
think. Anyway, I was implementing/patching darcs to use patience diff
algorithm and with this implementation there are no stack overflows. I hope
it helps.