[darcs-devel] [patch1101] hashed-storage 0.5.11 : add fileid to the index format

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 8 00:17:34 UTC 2013

New submission from Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>:

I'm manually opening a separate ticket to review Jose's changes to
hashed-storage. Those changes introduce fileid to the items of an index
(filehandle under Windows).

When/if these changes get accepted, I propose we upload the resulting
hashed-storage 0.5.11 to Hackage, to make it easier to build darcs with
Jose's patches for --look-for-moves (see http://bugs.darcs.net/patch1093 ).

hashed-storage is no longer maintained and Petr developed a new branch
called fslib, and proposed that darcs switch to it. While I'd like to
consider the move (after Summer of Code), for the time being I'd rather
have a small and easily reviewable change to hashed-storage.

Patch bundle summary:

Wed Aug 28 17:44:21 ART 2013  Jose Luis Neder <jlneder at gmail.com>
  * add fileid info to the index format
  add some utility functions in AnchoredPath too for managing fileids.
  bump version to 0.5.11

Wed Aug 28 18:04:02 ART 2013  Jose Luis Neder <jlneder at gmail.com>
  * Fix warnings for ghc >= 7.4.1
  * redundant imports
  * non-exhaustive pattern matches
  * name clashes
  * missing top-level signatures
  * unused variables

files: add-fileid-info-to-the-index-format.dpatch
messages: 17013
nosy: darcs-devel, gh, jlneder, mornfall
status: needs-screening
title: hashed-storage 0.5.11 : add fileid to the index format