[darcs-devel] [issue2376] pull --reorder

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Fri Apr 11 17:47:53 UTC 2014

New submission from Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>:

When working in some repository that has private patches, and pulling
patches from upstream, I'd sometimes like to find my patches at the top
of the history of my local repo. This would help me visualizing my
current work.

I'd like to do it by using the flag --reorder for pull. Intuitively,
since the pull command does already the job of comparing the inventories
of both remote and local repositories, there should not be a lot of work
to implement --reorder.

Use cases:

* `darcs pull --reorder --dry-run` : does nothing apart from listing
missing remote patches
* `darcs pull --reorder` : pull missing patches and put own on top
* `darcs pull` : pull missing patches and put *them* on top (current
behaviour)

Reordering should happen even if the user says "no" to all remote
patches (in case there are local-only patches buried in the history).

In case of conflict I suspect we should not attempt to do anything new.

assignedto: alex.aegf
messages: 17334
nosy: alex.aegf, darcs-devel, gh
priority: wishlist