[darcs-devel] [issue2406] Darcs crashes often on Server 2012 environments

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 2 06:55:47 UTC 2014

Compiling with -f-curl was my first thought too. Note that then it won't
depend on libcurl, so I wouldn't expect you to need the libcurl DLLs at
all.

Using libcurl should improve the performance of HTTP downloads, but if
performance is acceptable without it, I'd be inclined to suggest you
just use that workaround.

At some point we'd like to replace the downloading code with something
that uses pure Haskell, in part to avoid this kind of messy C dependency
that's hard to use on Windows.