[darcs-devel] [patch1185] Implementing function getDeps. (and 2 more)

Ale Gadea alex.aegf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:28:48 UTC 2014

Hi!

> I looked at the first one (getDeps), and I think I understand the
> function, I just have a few remarks about variable naming to make the
> code more understadable. Also beware of trailing whitespaces.

 Ah... the var names are always a thing :)

> About the second one (show dependencies), the description of the
> command can contain how to use it:
>
>     darcs show dependencies | dot -Tpdf -o [FILE].pdf

Check.

> I haven't looked at the code in detail but on small repositories it
> works well and it's quite fun to use. On a local mirror of darcs.net
> I've never seens it finish even on a fast desktop machine..

Ah well, the thing is that I dont think it's going to finish for the entire
darcs repo(11000~ patches). For example, for 500~ patches:

$ time darcs show dep --from-tag=2.9.5
real 1m53.730s
user 1m51.343s
sys 0m1.939s

I guess that it would be nice if *darcs show dep* for more than, say...
2000 patches prints a warning message informing about the possible
not ending. And maybe with the suggestion of use --from-X or --last
options.