[darcs-devel] [issue2356] darcs refuses to edit files in subdirectory named 'data'

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Sat Feb 8 21:04:53 UTC 2014

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Hmm

So we have evidence of patches from some distant past that refer to Data.

And we have your repository in its current state with data.

What I'm wondering about now is how we got from Data to data.

If you do a darcs get, is it 'data' you see and not 'Data'?
I'm puzzled about why you don't see patches that refer to 'data'

Maybe a useful thing might be to darcs changes --summary | less and
search for \./data

(BTW, I'm bound to confuse myself here with the case-insensitive-ish
filesystem, this weirdness about being able to remember case (which is
nice) but look up filenames in a case-insensitive way)

Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>