[darcs-devel] [patch1175] resolve issue1624: bucketed cache.

Marcio Diaz bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jun 24 15:59:34 UTC 2014

New submission from Marcio Diaz <marcio.diaz at gmail.com>:

I updated the patch following the comments.

Now the behavior is as follows:

- darcs can read patches in the repositories located in ~/.darcs/cache/ and ~/.cache/darcs/ (if it follows the bucket format).
- While reading the patches in ~/.darcs/cache/ it binds them to the cache in ~/.cache/darcs/, using the bucket format.

I also added a new subcommand to darcs optimize, darcs optimize bucketed.
This command is used to migrate the cache in ~/.darcs/cache/ and the cache in ~/.cache/darcs/ (in non bucket format)
to ~/.cache/darcs/ in bucket format.

I think the behavior in Windows should be similar.

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

Tue Jun 24 12:54:02 ART 2014  Marcio Diaz <marcio.diaz at gmail.com>
  * resolve issue1624: bucketed cache.

files: patch-preview.txt, resolve-issue1624_-bucketed-cache_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 17564
nosy: mdiaz
status: needs-screening
title: resolve issue1624: bucketed cache.