[darcs-devel] [issue2416] ounparse is not always a proper inverse for oparse

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Nov 13 18:26:21 UTC 2014

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

Ok. (I see now that the cabal file, too, lists 4.5 as lower bound.) That
means we *can* assume that the String we get from getArgs uses the
user's current locale when it converts the command line args to a
String. *If* later stages correctly encode the String to utf-8 when
storing it in the patch file, then there is nothing else to do and
decodeString can *and should* be replaced with 'id'.