[darcs-devel] [issue2419] darcs changes: cannot override default -i with -a from command line

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 17 22:39:34 UTC 2014

New submission from Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

When I set

changes interactive

in my defaults file, I cannot override this on the command line:

ben at sarun[1]: .../darcs/screened > darcs changes -a
patch 02ef1a6d50cd7e0e8683ce3109d6a658597b1890
Author: Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de>
Date:   Mon Nov 17 23:11:14 CET 2014
  * use decodeString to convert command line args up front

  Also make it return IO String, thus saving an unsafePerformIO. This is
  possible because decodeString is no longer used in pure functions.
Shall I view this patch? (1/?) [yN...], or ? for more options: q

2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?

Non-interactive behaviour.

3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)

2.9.9 (+ 180 patches)

4. Possible cause

This is most probably caused by residual code in the log command that
tests for Flag membership w/o taking precedence into account.

nosy: bf
status: unknown
title: darcs changes: cannot override default -i with -a from command line