[darcs-devel] [patch1206] drop unnecessary UndecidableInstances (and 18 more)

Owen Stephens bugs at darcs.net
Mon Oct 27 23:30:56 UTC 2014

Owen Stephens <darcs at owenstephens.co.uk> added the comment:

I had a spare few minutes to look over this, and it looks good to me.

The thing that strikes me is that the replacing of RepoPatch p with
(Patchy p, Namehack p) in "introduce a new type class for patch
matching" is "noisy" and introduces a fair bit of duplication - can we
give a name to a Patchy and NameHack thing?

I don't really recall what Namehack is, other than some sort of
"layering" thing to do with rebase, so maybe naming Patch and Namehack
isn't appropriate.

Another note would be that we really could do with a typeclassopedia for
darcs - what the heck is a Patchy that isn't a RepoPatch, what is a
Patchy that isn't a Matchable, and so on :-) I know, I know, "go on
then, write it!" is the answer...