[darcs-devel] [patch1378] run network tests by default

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 3 16:49:50 UTC 2015

I'm not too sure what I think about this.

In general it seems like a reasonable idea to improve our coverage.

In practice I mostly run the tests when I have an unreliable or
unavailable network connection, so either I'll end up having to
reorganise my working practices a bit, or I'll continue not running
these tests even if other people are doing so by default.

In principle tests that depend on external data are a bad idea because
that data might change and destablise the tests, though I think these
tests just rely on there being a repo at http://darcs.net which ought to
be pretty stable.

status: needs-screening -> in-discussion