[darcs-devel] [patch1281] resolve issue2385: invoke pager without temporary file

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Fri Feb 13 18:14:49 UTC 2015

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

Good work, I am all for it.

Setting the milestone to 2.10 because it fixes a performance regression
w.r.t. 2.8.4.

The refactoring around the new WhereToPipe data type and the new
pipeDocToPager function makes the code very clear, a definite improvement.

The small remaining problem is not a show-stopper: with 'less' you can
use 'q' to quit, I think most people know that by now. One question
though (just out of interest): what happens if I Ctrl-C again (and
again...)?

(Disclaimer: have not yet applied and tested myself).

milestone:  -> 2.10.0 HEAD