[darcs-devel] darcs ohloh_scm/openhub support, "darcs show contents"

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun Feb 22 22:07:47 UTC 2015

Ben Franksen wrote:
> Andreas Wagner wrote:
>> Darcs support on openhub is almost here!
>>
>> https://github.com/blackducksw/ohloh_scm/pull/23
>>
>> https://github.com/blackducksw/ohloh_scm/pull/10
>>
>> AFAIK there's just one remaining problem described in pull/23. Maybe some
>> of you know something about it?
>
> The flags to select a specific patch (the one you use is --hash) don't
> make sense for this command!

Oh my, could this be another case of a command silently re-interpreting
matching options (like we had with clone)?

Perhaps the command *did* understand the matching flags as if they were
actually the corresponding --to-xxx flag, but that broke when translation of
[DarcsFlag] to [MatchFlag] was centralized to D.UI.Options.Matching?

Cheers
Ben
make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other
way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
The first method is far more difficult."   ― C.A.R. Hoare