[darcs-devel] [patch1298] in annotate command, push call to withRe... (and 2 more)

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Wed Feb 25 18:07:52 UTC 2015

New submission from Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>:

I went with the proposal #2 of http://bugs.darcs.net/issue2438.
That is, patch index is only created:

* when running annotate on a file or dir
* when running non-interactive log on a file
* for the above two cases, only if repository
  lock can be taken, otherwise PI creation is
  not attempted
* on init, clone, convert with --patch-index

This makes patch index creation happen only when the user runs
a command that uses it. In the future, if we change our mind
(for instance if we find a way to accelerate PI building)
we may come back to the previous default behaviour without
much hassle.

I'll wait until tomorrow to screen this bundle, in case
there is something very wrong with it.

3 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

patch a3465a6ac8ed406bf40c2f477fca7fcbf4305f9b