[darcs-devel] [issue2308] Changes aren't listed when using amend --edit

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jun 18 18:29:21 UTC 2015

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

I have been thinking about this. I believe what darcs does here is
correct: What is listed are the the differences between what the patch
already contains and what it should contain. This is consistent with how
darcs behaves in other scenarios and I think it would be wrong to "fix"
that.

All that needs fixing is that it says "This patch contains the following
changes:" which is misleading in case of amend. Instead it should say
"The following changes will be added to the patch:" and, for --unrecord,
"The following changes will be subtracted from the patch:".