[darcs-devel] [issue2447] get contents of deleted file

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sat Jun 20 12:53:27 UTC 2015

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

Let's separate the UI design question from the actual bug. Sorry for
confusing these. I'll open another issue for the UI part (i.e. rename
the options to --to-xxx and make sure the docs explain that they choose
everything up to the /last/ matching patch).

I checked that show files, dist, and annotate are *not* affected by this
bug. Indeed, what they do is interpret --hash and co. as --to-hash, even
though this is not too apparent in the code. Even show contents tries to
do that (but sometimes fails). See patch1366 for a resolution.