[darcs-devel] [patch1366] added a test to show that show files is ... (and 6 more)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jun 23 17:04:30 UTC 2015

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

You are right. Well spotted! And sorry for being dense.

I am certain that at some point I tested this and found it makes a
difference. However, when I now obliterate this single patch the test
for issue 2447 succeeds.

Besides I cannot find any fault in your reasoning and agree that the two
versions are functionally equivalent with regard to the returned value,
but *not* with regard to the effect on the tree, since the final item
now gets expanded whereas the old version expanded only SubTrees on way.
So I effectively just removed an optimization here just as Guillaume
suspected. Meh.

I wish I could just obliterate this patch and be done with it. But it is
now in reviewed and even in 2.10, so I guess a rollback is on order.

Should I send with the same patch number in the subject so it ends up here?