[darcs-devel] [patch1312] Re: failing network tests

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Mar 10 19:29:24 UTC 2015

New submission from Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de>:

Regard this updated bundle as work in progress.

It fixes the build problem. But then I noticed that the log action creates
./_darcs/patches and fills it with the last 300 patches (with the test case
as is; if you leave off the --last=300 it's probably around 12000).

This looks wrong to me. It's fine to use (and fill) the cache (if one is
available), but why create a _darcs/patches directory and fill that? I doubt
this is correct even if ./_darcs happens to exist because we don't want to
clutter our local _darcs/patches directory with files that have nothing to
do with the current repo.

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 562750e4c0bb9aecbb8526a03cf17d9de535286c
Author: Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de>
Date:   Tue Mar 10 20:13:27 CET 2015
  * fixed withRepoLockCanFail by allowing more things to fail

  It previously accepted failure when the current repo i.e. "." cannot be
  locked. Now it works even if there is no repo at all or if there is
  a problem with reading from or writing to it.

  This fixes a regression, see tests/network/log.sh.

patch 58a5cf81ed9f7b55ac7e779387f53e0ea73177e2