[darcs-devel] obliterated patches

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Mar 12 18:07:26 UTC 2015

> On Mar 12, 2015, at 6:29 AM, Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrongly pushed a patch in our screened and branch-2.10 repositories.
> I obliterated it but it is still in your hub.darcs.net mirrors. Could
> you obliterate it? Otherwise you may have nasty conflicts in the
> future.
>
> It´s the patch "resolve issue2421" in
> http://hub.darcs.net/darcs/darcs-2.10 and
> http://hub.darcs.net/darcs/darcs-screened .
>
> Also, can you lower the frequency of update of these repos, so that we
> can have time to obliterate wrongly pushed patches? :-)

Hi Guillaume,

I’ve obliterated this patch from http://hub.darcs.net/darcs/darcs-2.10 <http://hub.darcs.net/darcs/darcs-2.10> and http://hub.darcs.net/darcs/darcs-screened <http://hub.darcs.net/darcs/darcs-screened>:

‘resolve issue2421: commandGetArgPossibilities for apply should not list all files in the repo'

darcs-screened also has these patches not present upstream, should I obliterate them ?

'fixed withRepoLockCanFail by allowing more things to fail’
'cleanup in Darcs.Repository.Job: indent, haddocks’

I was mirroring the hub.darcs.net/darcs repos often to try and encourage darcs devs to use them (and darcs hub) more. I’ve reduced the mirroring period from 15m to 2h, how’s that ?

Sorry for the slow response. I’ve been busy and perhaps also procrastinating because our process seems a bit suboptimal here. Cc’ing the dev list to see if anyone has ideas to tweak it.