[darcs-devel] [patch1312] darcs log --repo=http://darcs.net is broken

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Mar 12 20:54:54 UTC 2015

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

I think you are right: a patch index should only be created inside the
repo for which we want to do the log. This would indeed mean to

(a) not even try to create an index if we are doing it for a remote repo
(b) do try to create it if the repo is local
(c) if we are in a repo but are being called with --repo=/somewhere/else
we must completely ignore the current repo

However:

What I discovered is that we have *yet another* problem, namely with
caching. What I observed in msg18295 is *not* caused by Darcs trying to
create an index. You can completely comment out the lines that do that
and still get the same error. It is rather because of the implementation
of log on remote repos: it downloads the patches into the local cache.