[darcs-devel] [patch1375] removed special handling of --to-match from cloneRepos...

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Sat Oct 10 22:57:50 UTC 2015

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

The patch that introduced this piece of code is from 2008:
"optimized get --to-match handling for darcs 1 repositories".
and soon the optimization was extended to hashed repositories too.

I find the clone code to be very complex as it is now. It's quite
difficult to follow the packs/no-packs, lazy/complete and OF/hashed
choices among it, so I'm inclined to remove this optimization even if
it's useful in some cases.

Also it seems that when this "clone --to-match" code is run,
two things are never done: copying the `_darcs/prefs/prefs` file
and setting the scripts as executable ... This can be fixed but this
show how difficult it is to maintain too many code branches.