[darcs-devel] [patch1373] refactored Darcs.Repository (and 1 more)

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Fri Oct 23 18:33:09 UTC 2015

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

I changed a few comments and added a few debug messages
so that it's possible to see what happens when cloning with
packs.

You can test from the following repositories:

-- this one has up to date packs in the current new order
-- (older to newer)
http://www.cs.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~hoffmann/darcs.net2/

-- this one has outdated packs (1 patch is missing) in the
-- old order  (newer to older)
http://www.cs.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~hoffmann/darcs.net2/

For instance:

    $ darcs clone http://www.cs.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~hoffmann/darcs.net2/  --verbose --packs  --debug 2>&1  |less

And then grep for TAR and FILE.

Performance is good, except when reading patch packs that
are in the old order, in which case pack grabbing stops
early and individual patch download continues.

I'm screening the bundle.

4 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

patch a2a1a5b45c636915344a9d27096bddb86beec3f1