[darcs-devel] [patch1397] implement function getDeps (and 1 more)

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Wed Feb 3 09:53:48 UTC 2016

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

In Darcs' repository the feature works quite fast since a lot of patches
are about different files, so they commute quickly. But in a repository
with a lot of non-commuting patches, it's quite slow and impractical.

Try the following:

    darcs clone http://pijul.org
    *obliterate the last tag*
    darcs show dependencies --last=140 | dot -Tpdf -o FILE.pdf

Try increasing the number of patches to 150 or more, and observe that it
becomes much slower. I'm not sure we can do something about it?