[darcs-devel] [issue2492] build regression with 2.10.3

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Mon Feb 8 17:50:24 UTC 2016

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

Thanks Dave,

I reproduced the bug on a machine with Ubuntu 14.04 (after deleting
.cabal and .ghc).

I found this, seems like we are not alone in the universe:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30687926/should-ghc-be-linking-different-versions-of-the-same-libraries

So, the useful piece of data here is that Darcs 2.10.2 compiles. Then
I guess a workaround for this problem would be to add some condition
on the GHC version in the darcs.cabal , something like:

if GHC < 7.10)
 then
    that-package < X
 else
    that-package < Y

(with X < Y)

But I haven't managed to make it work yet :-(

A cheap trick for the moment would be to compile the code of
darcs-2.10.3 with the darcs.cabal from darcs-2.10.2 .

Guillaume