[darcs-devel] [issue2492] build regression with 2.10.3

Dave Love bugs at darcs.net
Mon Feb 8 21:00:54 UTC 2016

Dave Love <fx at gnu.org> added the comment:

Ganesh Sittampalam <bugs at darcs.net> writes:

> Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> added the comment:
>
> Dave, did you also purge ~/.ghc ? That's where your installed
> packages would live that could be messing up your install.

Yes, I did, sorry.

> I suspect that passing --constraint 'unix<2.7' ,

That produces

  cabal: The following packages are likely to be broken by the reinstalls:
  process-1.1.0.2
  haskell98-2.0.0.2
  ghc-7.6.3
  Cabal-1.16.0
  bin-package-db-0.0.0.0
  directory-1.2.0.1
  hpc-0.6.0.0
  Use --force-reinstalls if you want to install anyway.

> or using a sandbox
> (start with 'cabal sandbox init' in some throwaway directory) would
> also help. With cabal sandbox you would need to copy the resulting
> binary out of .cabal-sandbox/bin to somewhere on your PATH.

cabal doesn't have a sandbox command.  I guess that means it's too old.
Sorry I don't know much about this stuff.

I'll try reverting to the old .cabal tomorrow.  Thanks.