[darcs-devel] [patch1436] resolve issue2489: dequote filepaths while importing f...

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jan 22 13:25:56 UTC 2016

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

Testing shows that quoting is not necessary for git to import
correctly a darcs repo with spaces in some paths. But anyway
I looking into Owen's darcs-bridge and ported the code useful
for escaping and unescaping, so here is:

*  a test that ensures that weird filenames are correctly
   handled in both directions between darcs and git
*  Owen's code for escaping/unescaping
*  a rollback of my previous patch

I trust this code much more :)

(Now it makes me think that we could port more from
Owen's darcs-bridge...)

3 patches for repository http://darcs.net:

patch c5305a36ab4513397bdcff84d12c1244c37d6766
Author: Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Jan 22 10:21:36 ART 2016
  * test for checking filepaths consistency with git
  Test partially copied from Owen Stephen's darcs-bridge test.

patch 74cdb73df2932c3465e2c575138b2d6c7bc6026f
Author: Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Jan 22 10:25:25 ART 2016
  * quoting and escaping of filenames in convert export and import
  Ported from darcs-bridge code by Owen Stephens.

patch fe2911ad94e1765c91cbeb64d8109420eafbf963
Author: Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Jan 22 10:30:13 ART 2016
  * rollback filename dequoting on import since now done during parsing