[darcs-devel] [patch1378] run network tests by default

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Wed Mar 9 03:04:24 UTC 2016

Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de> added the comment:

I have an idea how to solve the dilemma. Inside the network test shell
scripts (there are not so many of them, actually) we first test whether
the affected host(s) are reachable; perhaps even check with curl that
the URLs are valid. If this fails, then we exit with the standard 'skip
this test' code. IIUC this will print a message that the test was
skipped (can we also give a reason? I think so, must check).