[darcs-devel] [issue2493] Darcs.Patch.Apply.effectOnFilePaths broken/incomplete?

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Mar 10 23:26:06 UTC 2016

New submission from Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at helmholtz-berlin.de>:

Suppose you have a repo with one file, say "a", in the recorded state
and your unrecorded changes include a file move ./a -> ./b
Then

 effectOnFilePaths (invert unrecorded) ["a"] == ["a"]

I would have expected to get ["b"]; more generally I would expect

   effectOnFilePaths (invert x) . effectOnFilePaths x
==
   id
==
   effectOnFilePaths x . effectOnFilePaths (invert x)

This looks like a bug to me.

nosy: bf
priority: bug
status: needs-diagnosis/design
title: Darcs.Patch.Apply.effectOnFilePaths broken/incomplete?