[darcs-devel] [patch1520] resolve issue2512: author name is written to repository after multiple-choice prompt

sap bugs at darcs.net
Mon Oct 17 23:16:20 UTC 2016

sap <dev-darcs at nimbrium.net> added the comment:

My reasoning is that users use darcs in one of two ways:

(1) Use the same author name for all repositories. In this case, we
always store the user name in the global settings.

(2) Use different user names across repositories. This is indicated by
adding multiple authors in the global settings. In this case, we want to
store the author locally, and leave the global settings as is, so we get
the author selection prompt again when we create another repository.

If the user chooses "Other" in case 2, it probably makes sense to both
store it locally, but also add it to the global settings. Thus, the
global settings would collect all used author names over time.