[darcs-devel] [issue2541] whatsnew -l much slower in darcs 2.12.5

Evan Laforge bugs at darcs.net
Wed Aug 2 20:25:39 UTC 2017

Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> added the comment:

Any of 1 2 3 are fine with me.  The simpler #3 might be a bit confusing when
whatsnew seems to hang but only sometimes, but if --verbose causes it to print
"recreating conflicts cache" or something then I would have figured out pretty
quickly what's going on.  And it would be nice to have a --show-conflicts in any
case (default true is fine), so I can turn it off to avoid even that occasional
hang.

In the bigger picture, it kind of undermines the usefulness of a summary command
if it omits things for speed, or if it doesn't but has to be slow, so assuming
conflicts are valuable summary information, #3 is the only real option.