[darcs-devel] [issue2436] rollback --patches takes ages before first prompt

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 14 10:31:26 UTC 2017

I have been looking into Darcs.Patch.Choices and made some experimental
changes to support RL as well as FL. I found that some of the functions
can be easily generalized while for others this is hard. Thinking a bit
more about the reasons for that I began to ask myself why PatchChoices
does not use a zipper-like structure. Currently pcsFirsts and pcsLasts
are both an FL of (labeled) patches. I wonder if it makes sense to turn
pcsFirsts into an RL; then the whole thing can be made to work in a more
symmetric manner. I am also thinking about pulling things like
WhichChanges from UI.SelectChanges into Patch.Choices.