[darcs-devel] Help needed with the test harness

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Mon Aug 21 09:51:44 UTC 2017

Am 21.08.2017 um 00:05 schrieb Guillaume Hoffmann:
>  The task of reviewing these huge patches is currently too hard for me.

I don't blame you. The amount of changes I needed to make to pull this
through is daunting. Trust me, if I saw a way to split it into smaller
pieces that still worked or at least compiled cleanly, I would have done
so. At the time I was finished with it, I had worked on it more or less
continuously for 2 or 3 weeks and was pretty exhausted.

What I would ask you and Ganesh to do is: read the patch descriptions
carefully and take a cursory look at the changes, then tell me honestly
whether you think the approach I took is workable in principle or
completely crazy.

> I only noticed one thing, is that the patch "resolve issue2482:
> mark-conflicts FILE" of screened cannot just be applied to your
> branch.

I have already added one conflict resolution patch but since the changes
in my branch are so pervasive I expect I will have to add many more of
them if I want to keep it in sync; or else regularly rebase the branch
(which, with hub.darcs.net, probably means I will have to create a new
fork and retire the old one). If and when i rebase the branch I may take
another look at trying to break up the changes into smaller pieces.

Cheers
Ben