[darcs-devel] [patch1628] windows fixes

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Dec 16 12:25:05 UTC 2017

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

Attached bundle for discussion only for now.

There are various problems in HEAD on Windows, I think primarily caused by the
encoding changes.

There are a few build breaks, which I've provisionally fixed in the bundle, but need
to confirm whether they are actually correct once I've been through the test breaks.

There was also several test breaks, though some are not regressions from 2.12

I've also already fixed one of the test breaks (filepath), which turned out to be due
to the inadvertent introduction of lazy IO in the encoding changes. Reading prefs
files had become lazy and was racing somehow with updating it (not quite sure of the
exact mechanism). I've changed one instance of lazy IO to strict to fix this, but I
think we need to review the code for any more.

There are three more regressions to look at:

issue2262 (actually a new test, but we should try to fix it anyway)
latin9
show_tags

Just for the record I also got the following non-regressions:

git_quoted_filenames
issue1857
issue2035
lazy-clone
send-external

assignedto: ganesh
files: use-a-strict-readfile-to-avoid-races.dpatch
messages: 19807
milestone: 2.14.0 HEAD
nosy: bf, ganesh, gh
status: in-discussion