[darcs-devel] darcs --list-options as an alternative to darcs --commands

Gian Piero Carrubba gpiero at rm-rf.it
Thu Mar 9 17:03:28 UTC 2017

Hi all,

in src/Darcs/UI/Options/All.hs there's:

rootActions :: PrimDarcsOption (Maybe RootAction)
rootActions = withDefault Nothing
  [ RawNoArg ['h'] ["help", "overview"] F.Help (Just RootHelp)
    "show a brief description of all darcs commands and top-level options"
  , RawNoArg ['v'] ["version"] F.Version  (Just Version) "show the darcs version"
  , RawNoArg [] ["exact-version"] F.ExactVersion (Just ExactVersion)
    "show the exact darcs version"
    -- the switch --commands is here for compatibility only
  , RawNoArg [] ["commands","list-options"] F.ListCommands (Just ListCommands)
    "show plain list of available options and commands, for auto-completion"
  ]

Am I right thinking that the intention was to let --command and
--list-options be interchangeable when given as root action? This is not
working (No such command '--list-options') but I haven't understood why.

Thanks,
Gian Piero.