[darcs-devel] state of the manual

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Mar 20 19:08:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just got a bit confused when trying to update an error in the manual
and had to do some digging to remember/understand the current situation,
so here's what I learnt:

A "while" ago, we removed the manual+website from the darcs repository:
http://bugs.darcs.net/patch872

AIUI, the plan is/was to replace it with the wiki + the help for darcs
commands, and to automatically publish the current help for darcs
commands to the wiki on each release.

In the meantime, we still have a frozen manual for darcs 2.8.4 at
http://darcs.net/manual/

I think the bits that remain are to:

 - port the non-command bits of the manual to the wiki,
   at http://darcs.net/Manual

 - script updating the wiki with the command help,
   at http://darcs.net/Commands

I probably won't do any more about this immediately, but this should at
least help refresh memories for anyone who wants to pick this up later.

Ganesh