[darcs-devel] building darcsden

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun Oct 1 21:34:47 UTC 2017

Am 01.10.2017 um 21:48 schrieb Guillaume Hoffmann:
> I just want to add that my darcsden branch builds with current darcs
> (or at least, one month old darcs):
>
> https://hub.darcs.net/gh/darcsden

Thanks! Will try with that one first.

I managed to get to a point where it turned out I made a mistake in
patch1593: I deleted the constraint (PrimOf p ~ Prim) from the argument
of PrimV1Job (and also from UsesPrimV1). Now it turns out that this
constraint is needed for darcsden so that it can pattern match on (raw)
prims. It may be that I need to re-introduce the RawPrim hack at least
locally inside D.R.Job to do that. Something like

  class IsPrimV1 p where
    toPrimV1 :: p -> Darcs.Patch.Prim.V1.Prim
  instance IsPrimV1 V1.Prim where
    toPrimV1 = V1.unPrim
  instance IsPrimV1 V2.Prim where
    toPrimV1 = V2.unPrim

However, I think there may be something wrong in the way that darcsden
accesses prim patches. I see many places where it assumes *RepoPatchV1*
as  the RepoPatch type. But I thought darcsden works only with darcs-2
repos??? How can that work?

Cheers
Ben