[darcs-devel] [patch1593] clean up display of file names by separating display and storage of patches (rebased from Ben's encoding branch)

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Mon Oct 2 17:33:22 UTC 2017

Am 02.10.2017 um 19:03 schrieb Ben Franksen:
> Am 02.10.2017 um 16:55 schrieb Guillaume Hoffmann:
>> I see pieces of commented code without explanation in various modules,
>> are they supposed to go away?
>
> Yes, by all means. Thanks for the reminder. Can you remember in which
> files you spotted them? I had seen some of them and had it planned to
> remove them in the final rebase but then I forgot among all the other
> rebase work. (My queue has over 50 patches now! I am in the process of
> preparing the first bundle that I think can be screened immediately.)
>
> [Side note: I must re-install kompare on my laptop, even though it hurts
> me to see how it pulls half of KDE with it as dependencies and it has
> always bugged me that it does not allow to select text for pasting.
> Because it has one big advantage over meld: with a single keystroke you
> can move from one change to the next and when you reach the last change
> in a file it moves on to the next file. This makes it much more
> comfortable to review large patches like this one.]

...done. I am now searching for such stuff... ok through.

FileUUID.hs: No idea why I commented out the imports of Prelude() and
Darcs.Prelude. They should go back in I guess. The other occurrence in
that file: yes, should be deleted.

FileUUID/Show.hs: I guess I was uncertain about that one. I am pretty
sure the default definition of summaryFL (vcat . mapFL summary) is
equivalent to the out-commented version (plainSummaryPrims [] False).
Guess it should go away, the tests pass and FileUUID is not fully
functional anyway.

WhatsNew.hs: Yes, to be deleted.

I found no others.

Cheers