[darcs-devel] [patch1623] OldDate belongs to Darcs.Util since it has no patch-related code

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Oct 19 18:06:20 UTC 2017

gh: I have been reading about issue220. I must say I find it scary. What
happens there is that we read the wrong (non-existing) patch file
because of a difference in how dates are parsed. Apparently the date of
the patch is (was?) used to generate part of the patch file name. Are
you sure that throwing away the OldDate module will not re-introduce
issue220 or similar problems? It doesn't look like we have a regression
test for issue220, perhaps we should add one just to be sure?