[darcs-devel] [patch1611] refactored convert darcs-2 command

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Oct 26 20:50:40 UTC 2017

It bugged me that we need this run-time check at all, just to make the
types fit. This is stupid.

So I went ahead and fixed the underlying problem, namely that
createRepository does not return a properly typed Repository. With that
change, and a few additional tools we can avoid withRepoLock and work
directly with the returned Repository.

The attached bundle contains the new patch, see its long comment for
details.