[darcs-devel] [issue2548] inconsistent pending after merge (darcs-2 only)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 10 13:11:23 UTC 2017

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)

repo1: create file f and record
repo2: create directory f and record
pull from repo1 into repo2
resolve the conflict by removing file f and renaming dir f.~0~ to f

Then

1) darcs whatsnew reports no changes
2) revert -a therefore does nothing
3) but we still have a silent 'addfile f' in pending,
   which can be seen when doing darcs record
4) when we record -l, we get asked about addfile f *and* adddir f (!)
5) this is actually recorded as a patch that contains both changes

This is pretty bad. I will send a patch with a test script separately.

nosy: bf
priority: urgent
status: unknown
title: inconsistent pending after merge (darcs-2 only)