[darcs-devel] [patch1593] clean up display of file names by separating display and storage of patches (rebased from Ben's encoding branch)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 24 16:06:48 UTC 2017

Ganesh: It is an amended version of my earlier patch, with the same date
and comment. I merely removed the PrimPatchRaw complication. Take a look
at the latest version here, I think it is no longer too heavy-weight for
what it achieves. Using newtype wrappers to guide instance selection is
a standard technique in modern Haskell. The implementation of the
wrappers themselves is almost trivial (thanks to
GeneralizedNewtypeDeriving). The only really ugly thing is that we must
repeat all the instances in harness/Darcs/Test/Patch/Arbitrary/PrimV1.hs
for both types of Prim.V1 patches.