[darcs-devel] [patch1716] fix and simplify checkUnrecordedConflicts

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 25 08:25:32 UTC 2018

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

Another iteration of cleaning up tentativelyMergePatches.

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 0b30a12378c874d1cc9ed41a537e80810d3ed755
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Sun Jul 22 14:24:46 CEST 2018
  * fix and simplify checkUnrecordedConflicts and then inline

  The implementation in checkUnrecordedConflicts really only checked for
  conflicts with pending, but we need to check for conflicts with
pending and
  working; and the merge that gives us this information has already been
  calculated in tentativelyMergePatches: all new conflicts are contained in
  them'' and new conflicts with pending and working are contained in pw'.

  Also, when tentativelyMergePatches is called by a remote apply (during
  execution of a push command), there is no interactive stdin, so promptYorn
  throws an exception, which is now cought. This fixes an existing bug that
  was hidden because the prompting happened only for conflicts with the
remote
  pending, whereas it now happens for all conflicts with unrecorded changes.

patch a3a406c6de37030ea1fdbc568e9db1fe139b9e22
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Fri Jul 13 20:12:43 CEST 2018
  * adapt tests after fix to detection of conflicts with unrecorded

  We now get prompted for confirmation whenever we create a conflict with
  unrecorded changes, instead of only for conflicts with pending. This patch
  makes the necessary adaptions to the test scripts.

  Some test deliberately pull patches on top of unrecorded changes; for
these,
  we prepend "echo y | ..." to simulate the users consent. Other tests issue
  multiple conflicting pull commands; the conflict with unrecorded changes
  here is accidental due to the conflict markup generated by earlier
pulls, so
  they are adapted by adding --allow-conflicts to suppress generation of
  conflict markup.

files: fix-and-simplify-checkunrecordedconflicts-and-then-inline.dpatch
messages: 20247
nosy: bf
status: needs-screening
title: fix and simplify checkUnrecordedConflicts