[darcs-devel] [issue2614] fromJust error when cloning an unclean tag

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Dec 18 17:44:52 UTC 2018

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

I recently made a mistake (at work) and pushed duplicated patches and a
duplicate tag to a shared repo. Then I cloned --tag with the duplicate
tag, and got a 'fromJust' exception. I have a test script and will
send/push that. I have also tracked the error down to
Darcs.Patch.Match.splitOnMatchingTag, third clause, where splitOnTag
(info p) (PatchSet ts (ps:<:p)) returns Nothing which shouldn't be
possible. Perhaps a regression introduced by a refactor I made to this
code some time ago. Will further investigate and hopefully send a fix.

nosy: bf
status: unknown
title: fromJust error when cloning an unclean tag