[darcs-devel] [patch953] Infrastructure to convert markdown files... (and 10 more)

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Wed Feb 7 23:15:51 UTC 2018

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

I am not sure I like the idea of a Darcs.UI.Message hierarchy as it is
now. It makes things a little more complicated, and currently we only
use it for the Send command.

I propose to revert that change until we really want to do something
about darcs' messages as a whole, with a design that would also enable
to translate the message strings to other languages.

On a related note, in the past couple of years we decided to tackle the
hardcoded-help-vs-external-docs problem by issue a "darcs help markdown"
command that outputs a reference of all the commands, ready to be
inserted in a manual and/or the wiki.

See also for context:

* http://bugs.darcs.net/patch912
* http://bugs.darcs.net/patch929