[darcs-devel] [patch1628] windows fixes for 2.14.0

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Feb 15 07:46:37 UTC 2018

The issue2262 behaviour is weird, but I think new darcs is strictly better than old darcs here:

               | msys64 window  | command prompt |
old behaviour  | lots of ?s     | lots of ?s     |
new behaviour  | garbage        | correct output |

Unfortunately the tests don't run under a command prompt, and darcs wh -l still prints out the wrong
thing if directed to a pipe under msys64, so the tests fail. Also it's not just that the msys64
shell/window is completely broken for display of Unicode, because 'ls' works fine.

I'll keep digging, but this doesn't seem too critical.

Still to look at: the latin9 regression.