[darcs-devel] hunk moves as a new kind of prim patch

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sat Feb 24 19:49:19 UTC 2018

Am 24.02.2018 um 20:17 schrieb Ben Franksen:
> I have started to implement hunk moves, in particular I have worked out
> a number of commutation rules, implemented them, and am now in the
> process of debugging them with the (invaluable) help of the existing
> unit tests.

I have a question regarding one of the properties, namely
commuteCoalesce. Do we really need it to hold?

It fails when hunk moves are involved. This is expected: a hunk move
followed by a single hunk might commute, but coalescing the hunk with
another hunk can make the commute fail, e.g. because the hunk now spans
more lines.

Cheers
Ben