[darcs-devel] [patch1700] Consistent naming for working tree

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jul 16 16:23:06 UTC 2018

Thanks, much better. Only two small nitpicks remain:

In Darcs.UI.Completetion you went a bit too far with re-replacing: There
was a 'working tree' in a comment that you, I think accidentally,
changed to 'working directory'.

In Darcs.Repository.Hashed the change on line 444 is wrong; look at the
original sentence: "Read a 'PatchSet' from the repository (assumed to be
located at the current working directory)"; replacing directory with
tree here sounds weird and is semantically wrong.

BTW, the easiest way to fix the patch is to amend --unrecord the two
changes, then revert them, then re-send.

If you fix these, your patch is ready for screened. Thanks again for the
contribution and looking forward to more of the same or similar. I am
constantly trying to move the code base toward more consistency and
every contribution toward that goal is worth the effort.

I may choose to rebase your patch on top of my latest refactorings at
https://hub.darcs.net/bf/darcs-bf-latest as there are conflicts which
are easier to resolve this way than by rebasing all my 60 or so patches.
This is /not/ the usual procedure and I am myself to blame for the
situation because I did not manage to properly send patch bundles and
screen them yet. I hope this won't bother you. (I will take care to not
change any of the meta-data of your patch.)