[darcs-devel] [issue2596] cabal new-build fails if only library component is built

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jul 18 19:27:36 UTC 2018

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

The reason is that our custom Setup.hs unconditionally tries to install
the darcs man page. It should instead only do that if the darcs
executable is built.

This currently makes it unnecessarily hard for me to keep darcsden
up-to-date, because the simplest way to do that is to use a
cabal.project file (for darcsden) that points to an up-to-date clone of
darcs itself. But cabal new-build will only build the library component
of such a source dependency. My work-around is to comment out the line

  postBuild = \ _ _ _ lbi -> buildManpage lbi,

in Setup.hs.

nosy: bf
status: unknown
title: cabal new-build fails if only library component is built